How can I have an informal and trusted dialogue about how well my business is travelling and how I am dealing with the challenges I am facing?
Our approach will include meeting with the business owner/CEO and conducting a structural and confidential dialogue (2 or 3 hours) to explore what the priority challenges that are a concern to you and what the options are for developing a realistic approach to address and manage the challenges.
- Clarity around the challenges you are facing and their impact on the company’s strategic direction and its operational and financial performance.
- Suggested approach for you to pursue in order to develop a deeper appreciation of the options available to you to resolve these challenges.
- How can I get a better understanding of what my business is worth?
- What are the drivers of its future value?
- Can I get some clarity around how the challenges I am currently facing are affecting the performance of the business and its future value?
Our approach would include:
- Determining the position of the company in relation to a suite of standard financial and operational indicators (including benchmarking with industry data)
- Reviewing senior management team performance appraisals
- Workshop with senior management team to review resourcing (including organisation structure and reporting lines), technology platform, systems and processes
- Workshop to review current business plan and growth strategy
- Review assumptions underlying business plan and growth strategy
- Review budgets and financials plan forecasts
- Review current debt structuring
- Understanding of how your business would be valued based upon your current position
- Understanding of the business drivers underlying the current and potential value of your business
- Highlight the key risk areas for achieving the current business plan and growth strategy
- Highlight any inefficiencies within the business
- Prioritise areas of the business for business improvement focus
- Understanding of the cash flow implications of the current debt structure and working capital arrangements