Darren Vardy has extensive expertise across all areas of accounting, insolvency, reconstruction and business growth strategies during a career spanning more than 24 years.
Darren joined SV Partners as a Director in July 2013, having started his career with Ferrier Hodgson and subsequently working for several insolvency firms. Darren developed expertise in the construction industry and in 2000 established a boutique business advisory firm, Business Recovery Solutions, working throughout most states in Australia, before joining RMG Partners in July 2008. Darren became an accredited adjudicator under the Building & Construction Industry Payments Act in 2005 and in 2011 became a Registered and Official Liquidator pursuant to the Corporations Act.
Darren has assisted local businesses to redevelop and deploy effective business planning strategies, and is responsible for many turnaround success stories.
Some of Darren’s key skills incorporate revising an organisations financial positioning in relation to budgets, adequate cash flow and financial modelling, resulting in increased revenue and profitability.
One of Darren’s core focuses is to ensure that businesses overcome strategic operational, market and management challenges while remaining competitive in their relative industry.
With Darren’s level of extensive experience, he has worked with many business owners across a broad range of industries including:
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Professional & Technical
Darren has held a number of positions within community and sporting organisations and is currently the Treasurer of the Engadine Lions Rugby Union Club.
- Business Turnaround
- Corporate & Personal Insolvency
- CPA Australia
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) (Affiliate)
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Personal Insolvency Practitioners Association (PIPA)
- Building and Construction Industry Payments Agency (BCIPA)
- LEADR – Association of Dispute Resolvers
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Law)
- Certified Practicing Accountant
- Registered and Official Liquidator
- Accredited Adjudicator
Key Projects & Matters
- Transport and Logistics